02 May 2009

Mine

So, you might be wondering, which tomatoes did I buy at the recent Tomatomania event? Plied with free pinot gris, I had a little bout of tomatomania myself, purchasing not my usual one plant, but three. Three! Where am I going to put them?

Thankfully the weather is such that I have a week or two to figure that out. While I ponder, they enjoy a west facing window.



Sungold Indeterminate Cherry (that means small)

A lovely tangerine color when ripe, guaranteed orgiastic cries when eaten fresh off the vine on a hot summer day. I've grown these twice before with Great Success!

Aunt Ruby's Green (aka German Green) Indetermine Beefsteak (that means huge)

Um, I don't know. What was I thinking? There was some wine and huge sexy beefsteak sounded good.

The attached note described this greenish-pink tomato as having a sweet, spicy taste with sturdy flesh. Sounds good for salsa, no?

San Marzano Determinte Roma (means the same thing as cherry, maybe a tad larger)

Older woman started exclaiming vividly in Italian, finally repeating "San Marzano! San Marzano!" til I was sure she would faint. She grabbed 4 or 5. If it's good enough for the Italian grandma, I want one too. Luckily she didn't snatch them all. I found one hiding behind the Siberian Black Dung Cherries no one seemed to want.

No comments:

Post a Comment