28 February 2009

Red tag moola

How did I populate an entire 6x2 bed for $15? Using a few strategies, one of which is Red Tag Sales.

Near the end of the garden season, roughly October, nurseries mark down leftover plants 35-50% off. Good time to save if you can get them in the ground fast and the weather holds. I've done it, but I prefer to comb through the February leftover leftover plants. These red tag sales are usually 75% off, and the weather is improving instead of marching towards possible snowpocalypse.



Granted, most of the time I'm buying what looks like a tub of dirt because the plant hasn't woken up yet. I trust the plastic descriptive tag. Sometimes I am betrayed. But, hey, I can always move it, give it away, or compost it. I only paid $2 for it.

p.s. Ok, ok, sometimes the sale tags are orange. Pedants go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment