03 March 2009

Best laid plans

As I left for work this morning I found two Pacific Power workers climbing the utility pole on my sidewalk strip. One fellow explained that they needed to restring the line to my house. Their placement of the line was too close to the roof and they had been cited by the PUC (Public Utilities Commission).

Good to know the PUC is looking out for me - now (I've been in this house since July 2003). The Power guys were nice too. My flirtatious attempts to get them to clean the gutters while they were on the roof were almost taken seriously, which reminded me a little of the flaming squirrel story from This American Life.

Then I came home. They restrung the line from a completely different angle!! Why do I care? Because the trees in the front yard were planted so that they would not grow up into the power lines. Now, at least two are directly under the new line.

Now what? I must puzzle on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment