22 March 2009

March thus far

This weather blows. Too cold and rainy to do much of anything, just warm and light enough for the grass to grow. Feh.

Speaking of grass, today's urban goating workshop provided me with some basic information. Goats are not the answer to my grass problem. They don't graze the ground. While I could use their manure for compost, they're better suited for people interested in milk, particularly for making cheese and yogurt.

On the way home, I stopped by a Starbucks to pick up a bag of used grounds. Many coffeeshops offer this free service, but I use the nearest Starbucks because they collect the grounds in neat, easily carried bags, that they stack by the door. Convenient.

Today's grounds are destined for my blueberry bushes, any remainders will heat up the youngest of my compost bins.

No comments:

Post a Comment