18 April 2009

Ginger Rogers

"Anything Fred Astaire could do, Ginger Rogers did backwards and in high heels."

So the saying goes. I got a tremendous amount of work (cumulative task list posted tomorrow) done today, but at a price. I've given myself what I call a "lady" injury.

As in, I was doing what ladies shouldn't do -- namely carry something far too heavy for far too long to prove how strong and independent I am. Now it hurts, and I will stubbornly aggravate it while I manically gardenbooty the remainder of the weekend. Did the same damn thing two years. Guess I never learn.

I learned today. Just because I can do pretty much anything a man can do doesn't mean I should.

My strong male friends can expect requests for help from now on. Don't worry. I'll bribe generously in order to preserve my immense pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment